Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My maytag gemini double oven is reading feature not

Customer Question

my maytag gemini double oven is reading feature not available when I try to turn the oven on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: sove is maybe 5 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: mgt8655xsoo
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: DO3772540
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes to do a hard reset?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
IT DIDNT HELP
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

you did the full 5 minutes just so I know for sure

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

can you try holding the lock button for 3 seconds and tell me what happens please

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It says feature is not available
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

If unplugging for 5 minutes did not restore control operation, the oven control (number 5 at link below) will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

Access is gained by removing the number 9 access panel from the back of the control panel. All connections simply unplug and plug in, making for an easy repair!

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top or the bottom of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive no credit for my work. The deposit you placed stays with the site. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What is the exact name of this part and model number for it...yall are out of stock right now
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can I please get the name of this part and what numbers I need to buy it elsewhere yall are out of stock
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

Sure! Just one moment, please....

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 month ago.

It is the Oven Control, part number WPW10365420. I looked at all 5 major suppliers, they are all showing factory order for availability.