Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I can't get the ice maker to stop making ice. WRB322DMBM00.

Customer Question
I can't get the...

I can't get the ice maker to stop making ice

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

WRB322DMBM00. Maybe 2 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you pushed the shut off arm all the way up to stop it from making ice?

and doing so did not stop it?

if not from the sounds of it your ice maker assembly is going to need to be replaced.

When pushing the lever up didn't make it stop, I propped it up with a box to make sure it stays up. Still making ice.

sadly the reason this is happening is because the ice maker is defective and needing to be replaced.

here is the assembly

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10469286/0046/106.html?modelNumber=WRB322DMBM00&categoryName=Bottom-Mount%20Refrigerator&brandName=WHIRLPOOL

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.