Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I can't get the ice maker to stop making ice. WRB322DMBM00.

Customer Question

I can't get the ice maker to stop making ice
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: WRB322DMBM00. Maybe 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Have you pushed the shut off arm all the way up to stop it from making ice?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

and doing so did not stop it?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

if not from the sounds of it your ice maker assembly is going to need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When pushing the lever up didn't make it stop, I propped it up with a box to make sure it stays up. Still making ice.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

sadly the reason this is happening is because the ice maker is defective and needing to be replaced.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

here is the assembly

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/W10469286/0046/106.html?modelNumber=WRB322DMBM00&categoryName=Bottom-Mount%20Refrigerator&brandName=WHIRLPOOL

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.