Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a JennAir electric range/oven combo. It appears the

Customer Question

I have a JennAir electric range/oven combo. It appears the digital control panel has been locked out. The electric burners still operate, but there's no digital clock readout and I cannot activate any of the buttons.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about two to 3 years.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes, if I can reset it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The house cleaning company may have inadvertently locked out the control panel.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. MY name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Does your model have a lock button on it? Does it say lock?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
below the start button it says Hold for 3 seconds to lock.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

yes hold that button for 3 seconds to unlock as well.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that did not work.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

did anything pop up when you held the button? Try holding it for 30 seconds to see if its needed triggered.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

if that does not work then i need you to unplug the appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset. If its still locked try holding the button one more time for 3 seconds. If that does not work then sadly that means the control board failed and will need to be replaced. This is a relatively simple task to accomplish if you are up to it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did a hard reset by cycling my breakers prior to these attempts. Thanks for your assist.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 1 month ago.

I would try doing the 5 minute reset at least one more time then hitting the lock button again to see if that solves the issue if not I will need your model number to pull up the control board.