Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a JennAir electric range/oven combo. It appears the…

Customer Question
I have a JennAir...

I have a JennAir electric range/oven combo. It appears the digital control panel has been locked out. The electric burners still operate, but there's no digital clock readout and I cannot activate any of the buttons.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About two to 3 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can reset it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The house cleaning company may have inadvertently locked out the control panel.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 11 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. MY name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Does your model have a lock button on it? Does it say lock?

below the start button it says Hold for 3 seconds to lock.

yes hold that button for 3 seconds to unlock as well.

that did not work.

did anything pop up when you held the button? Try holding it for 30 seconds to see if its needed triggered.

if that does not work then i need you to unplug the appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset. If its still locked try holding the button one more time for 3 seconds. If that does not work then sadly that means the control board failed and will need to be replaced. This is a relatively simple task to accomplish if you are up to it.

I did a hard reset by cycling my breakers prior to these attempts. Thanks for your assist.

I would try doing the 5 minute reset at least one more time then hitting the lock button again to see if that solves the issue if not I will need your model number to pull up the control board.