Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a JennAir electric range/oven combo. It appears the…

Customer Question
I have a JennAir...

I have a JennAir electric range/oven combo. It appears the digital control panel has been locked out. The electric burners still operate, but there's no digital clock readout and I cannot activate any of the buttons.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Jenn-Air is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

About two to 3 years.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes, if I can reset it.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The house cleaning company may have inadvertently locked out the control panel.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/6/2017
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 5 months ago
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. MY name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Does your model have a lock button on it? Does it say lock?

below the start button it says Hold for 3 seconds to lock.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 5 months ago

yes hold that button for 3 seconds to unlock as well.

that did not work.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 5 months ago

did anything pop up when you held the button? Try holding it for 30 seconds to see if its needed triggered.

Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 5 months ago

if that does not work then i need you to unplug the appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset. If its still locked try holding the button one more time for 3 seconds. If that does not work then sadly that means the control board failed and will need to be replaced. This is a relatively simple task to accomplish if you are up to it.

I did a hard reset by cycling my breakers prior to these attempts. Thanks for your assist.
Appliance Technician: travis webb,
 replied 5 months ago

I would try doing the 5 minute reset at least one more time then hitting the lock button again to see if that solves the issue if not I will need your model number to pull up the control board.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb