John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a gas stove that is about 10 years old and the oven

Customer Question

I have a gas stove that is about 10 years old and the oven temperature will not stay at its set point. It is sometimes 50 too hot and some times right on, and some times 25-50 below set point.
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: give me a minute to find the model...it is about 10 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: hang on if you can still looking for the model #.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  ApplianceTech replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for using JA!

My name is ***** ***** I have been repairing appliances for over 40 yrs and I will be assisting you tonight in trying to find out why your appliance is not working. Sometimes, there will be lapses in my replies back to your because of the volume of questions I am answering. But, please be assured that I will be giving you my best effort to help solve your problem.
Give me a few minutes to check out the info you have provided, so I can give you an accurate answer.
Thanks

May I ask that you provide me the correct model and serial number off the label on your machine? The number is ***** down by the drawer on the leg of the stove.

Also, if the range is cold, from the time you hit start to the time you hear the flame kick - how much time? Look at your watch when you hit the start button.

Let me know how long?

Thanks

Don