Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

We have a Samsung NE59J7850 duo door stove and when using…

Customer Question
We have a Samsung...

We have a Samsung NE59J7850 duo door stove and when using both the upper and lower oven the upper door will open but the entire door giving access to the lower door is locked shut. In the past, if we turned the bottom oven off, the whole door would open. Tonight that didn't work. Suggestions?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Bought in April of 2016 and it is a NE59J7850 electric oven with the duo oven door.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If it is easy enough!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
9/7/2017
Appliance Technician: Webb-Guy, Handyman replied 10 months ago
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

there should be another set of letters and numbers after the set you provided. Can you get that for me please

The numbers I listed were off the manual. Where are the additional numbers/letters located?
Found our receipt. Numbers/letters are NE59J7850W

the whole model number will be located on the inside of the door area.

NE59J7850WG

and just so I understand that bottom door is not opening at all?

It does not open when using dual ovens, set at different temps. I have had to turn off the bottom oven to get the door to open and even then there have been times where I had to wait,

so the only options I can think of to be causing this would be a faulty door switch or the main control board not telling the switch to release for you to open the door.

Thanks

your welcome.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.