Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Bosch 17e heater is leaking.It appears to be leaking

Customer Question
My Bosch 17e heater...

My Bosch 17e heater is leaking.It appears to be leaking around the seal at the bottom of the large brass box at the top of the heater(I think it is the heat exchanger) Can I replace a seal?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Bosch is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased 18/3/08 Model 17E

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

IT WOULD BE MY PREFERENCE

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The water connections appear as though they may need a special tool.Is that so?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/5/2017
Appliance Technician: Phil, Shop owner replied 5 months ago
Phil
Phil, Shop owner

Hello, use the 'add files' link next to your send button to send me two pictures... one close up of the leak area, and the other taken from 5 feet away so that I can see the leak area in context with the rest of the machine.

click here please, tell me if this looks like the manual for your unit or not.

.

We can go from there.

.

OPENING STATEMENTS

Important note about RATING my work:

I am a retired mechanical engineer and HVAC/electrical/ refrigeration and boiler contractor ... with 56 years in this business. The last 20 of those years consulting for major firms nationally..

.

All I ask is please respect me and my input by selecting the***RATING LINK***at the top of your page, that is the only way I am credited through the site. Rating does not affect your charges nor ability to refund if not satisfied.

.

If you need to be coached through a full diagnosis/repair,and wiring etc. for up to two days, and wish to be trained to use test instruments...... that goes well beyond' Just a simple Answer' of course, and goes beyond what most other experts here offer.....rate my simple answer so far positively.. and I will deliver that training and coaching to you All on the same dime so to speak.

.

Lacking a positive rating I can spend days helping a person at my own expense and loose my shirt, shorts and socks on the deal.

.

Attach a close up photo of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the blower access door and I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions then follow up with step by step training and coaching until you have a solution.

.

Photo must be exceedingly well focused. Use the 'add files' link next to your send button to get the photo to me.

.

Phone call offers:

If you wish to accept the companies $25 phone call offer, if indeed they send you one, this will go a *lot faster, but it IS 100% optional... or we can continue here in this dialog box at no additional charge.

Thanks, ***** ***** either water from a leak in one of the condenser tubes... in which case keep an eye on it, if it gets worse, we know its a leak.

OR... it is condensate caused by the products of conduction condensing on the heat exchanger tubes... in which case it should be occasional, not constant.

The life span of these units is about 10 years on average. keep that in mind before getting involved with any extensive repairs.

.

We can go from here without any time limits.

.

Ir's not condensation...the leak stops when the water is turned off. Thank you for your help. Please refund $5 as promised in the initial set up.

Hello again, to be clear I said it was a leak in the heat exchanger... OR.... condensation. and I told you why in detail and exactly how to tell which it was... Did you not see that?

.

I will put in your refund request regardless

Phil
Phil
Phil, Shop owner