Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I ordered a bottom freezer refrigerator with the ice maker…

Customer Question
I ordered a bottom...

I ordered a bottom freezer refrigerator with the ice maker but now I don't want to use feature. Will it make noise if I do not connect water line (hose)?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?

Kenmore brand new from Sears, French door/ bottom freezer/19.5 cu. in.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No, I do not want to connect water line at all!

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No I just need to know if icemaker will make noise like it is making ice even though that feature is not connected?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Appliance
9/4/2017
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 5 months ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If you dont want to use the ice maker feature then you can just turn this off so it wont try and make ice or make any noise at all.

If you dont know how to turn the ice maker off then let me know the model number and i will be able to tell you then.

Regards

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open.

Do you still need help on this, If so then just get back to me. But if not if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician