Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I just replaced the water filter but the water will still…

Hi! I just replaced...

Hi! I just replaced the water filter but the water will still not flow

Contractor's Assistant: How long has this been going on? And how severe is the problem?

I have a Kitchenaid model KBF S22EWMS9

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

The water dispenser stopped working when the light came on to replace the filter. I just now replaced the filter.

I believe you should have reviewed all of the cost involved at the onset of our conversation.
Answered in 2 days by:
9/7/2017
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

I have tried "priming" the line by pressing the dispenser button for 5 seconds, and then waiting 5 seconds, and repeating the process at least a dozen times, with no results. This technique I found in the fridge instructions.

so if the water filter did not fix the water issue then your problem with the unit is that your water inlet valve needs to be replaced.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kitchenaid-Refrigerator-Water-Inlet-Valve/WPW10420083/2118775?modelNumber=KBFS22EWMS9&ss=a4b121i219d1414910&mr=1

This is located in the back and is easy to replace

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Thank you for your response. However, all the info I have found leads me to believe that because I have ice then the problem does not have to do with the water inlet. How did you arrive at that decision?

is the ice bin filling all the way or partially? Since the water flow is next to nothing and slow that is what leads me to believe that the problem is the water inlet valve.

The ice maker is working perfectly.. There is absolutely no water coming from the water dispenser.

ok do you happen to have a multimeter to test the water inlet valve. The thing is there are only two things that would cause this is the water inlet valve and the control board. I really don't think the control board is the issue I honestly feel the water inlet valve is the issue.

No, no multimeter to test water.

its not to test the water its to test the water inlet valve.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb
travis webb