Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

LFX25960SB LG POS...the ice maker and water dispenser has…

LFX25960SB LG POS...the ice...

LFX25960SB LG POS...the ice maker and water dispenser has stopped working. I had replaced the ice maker as the arm had stopped. It worked for a while then stopped again. changed the filter and the inlet valve. No ice and no water.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

BTW, i added the POS, its not the actual serial number. :-)

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that i know...i had one guy told me to defrost the inlet line to the icemaker. I can't find any instructions on this and hate to tear apart the door without some guideance.

9/1/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. I see that your question has been sitting for a while are you still needing help with this matter?

My fridge has been without an icemaker since May. I've been unable to work on it at all due to a broke arm.

if you have not had ice or water coming out for that long the line being frozen shouldnt be the issue. Are you sure the water supply is turned on still to the unit after replacing the ice maker and water inlet?

Water is on. I have replaced the filters too. That was the first thing after the ice maker.

so then the only thing left that would cause this is if your control board is the problem. The front display board. Its not telling the unit to make ice or produce water.

Any way to check this? How do you replace it?

sadly it cant be checked it just has to be replaced. You will need to take the control panel out from the front and plug the new one in.

Any diagrams?

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/lg-main-electronic-control-ebr34917104-ap4450216.html

part and the video on how to replace the part.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman
GOOD DAY, WHY WOULD THE ISSUE BE WITH THE MAIN BOARD AND NOT THE FRONT CONTROL PANEL BOARD?