Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My ice maker quit working when I changed out the filer, The

Hi my ice maker quit...
Hi my ice maker quit working when I changed out the filer, The water dispenser still works but no ice. Can you tell me if I need to get air out of line or something to make it work again? I don't have the model number but it has two side by side doors on top for the refrigerator and the freezer is below. Its unique because its got black glass that covers all three sections on the outside. I think it may have been called a floating black glass refrigerator
8/30/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are correct that this style is called a floating glass model, it was only made for a year or two. Onto the issue, if the icemaker stopped working and it's related to replacing the filter, that means not all the air was purged out when replacing the filter. When you replace the filter you should run 1 or 2 gallons of water through the water dispenser to purge all the air out. If air is left in the system, then when the icemaker calls for water, it will keep dribbling through the fill tube and the fill tube will freeze solid with ice. You can pull the refrigerator forward and follow the water line down from the icemaker to the valve to disconnect the water line at the valve. Then blow through the water line and if you can't blow through it, that means the fill tube feeding the icemaker has frozen over. You'll need to open the door and use a hair dryer to thaw out the fill tube above/behind the icemaker until you can blow through the line again.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top or bottom of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc