Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I own a side by side built-in refrigerator. It is a

KitchenAid. Thick icicles are forming...
I own a side by side built-in refrigerator. It is a KitchenAid. Thick icicles are forming in the freezer. I thought that it was a gasket problem and so I had it replaced, but the icicles are still forming. The water to form the icicles seems to be coming from the auto ice maker. In addition some of the ice cubes are falling away from the ice bin. The model # is KSSC36QMS02
8/29/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

So it sounds like the water is leaking out of the ice maker. This can mean either you have a broken ice maker or the water is leaking from the water inlet valve. Of course you will need to inspect to see which one is the problem.

do you see any obvious cracks under the ice maker?

No I do not see any obvious cracks under the ice maker

ok so if its not the ice maker itself then that leaves the water inlet valve being busted and or leaking.

ok thanks, ***** ***** the water inlet valve located on this refrigerator?
do you know why some of the ice from the maker is not falling into the bin?

the only thing that makes sense on that would be that something is wrong with the ice maker honestly. There may not be any obvious cracks or breaks but i do think that the problem is with the ice maker and the water inlet valve honestly.

ok thanks

you are very welcome.

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman