Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Kenmore 90 Plus series gas clothes dryer model

Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a Kenmore 90 Plus series gas clothes dryer model 110.78932792 and followed some earlier suggestions for determining why I am not getting heat when dryer is running. As dryer running with heat set on high on timed dry, I observed no igniting at all. told to check timer, so I am trying to remove contacts on timer, but can't pull them loose to test with thermal fuse. Is the thermal fuse on the back side of dryer?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Probably at least 10 -15 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I have already cleaned the front for lint etc. but difficult getting behind unit to dismandtle back.

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

I don't see a previous question that you asked in your history. What previous suggestions are you speaking of?

It was just general troubleshooting from the net.

OK got it. So yes, if the igniter isn't glowing the thermal fuse is by far the most likely case. The fuse is mounted to the top of the blower wheel housing so the lower front panel needs to be removed and then the upper front panel so you can get the lint filter housing out of the way. Below is a video on how to access the fuse on your style dryer.

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thanks, ***** ***** check video and the fuse.

No problem and good luck!

Thanks the video was great. Should I test the fuse and can I before actually replacing it?

Yes definitely, if you have a multimeter you can test the fuse first.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
I do. Just bought it so now I get to learn how to use it.

alright well good luck.

Thanks for help Tyler. Purchased a new thermal fuse and igniter and dryer works perfectly. Thanks for leading me in the right direction.