Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Have a new Gas Whirlpool Range that the top burners will not

Have a new Gas Whirlpool Range that the top burners will not light right away and the right front won't light at all unless you use a match. Model # is WFG320MOBBO. Also spark is not consistent in strength of spark. You have to wiggle know to get stronger spark. But still right front burner will not light.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's brand new never been used. Mod. WFG320MOBBO. Serial VE54105913
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no, everything else seems to work.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If the unit is brand new, then there shouldn't be an issue with a weak spark. Typically you would shine up the spar tip with fine sand paper if it corroded, but if it's brand new then that likely won't help. I would call warranty as it sounds like the spark module may just be bad and producing a weak spark. Warranty's number is *****

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should the spark module vary is strength when turning the knob?

Not really, but not every spark will be exactly the same strength either, it will vary a bit from each spark.