Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a kenmore elite 796.29272000 washw, 5years old

I have a kenmore elite 796.29272000 washw
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5years old 796.292720000 have no power at control panel outlet works
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Possibly depending on issue and parts
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Is there a fuse in the control panel that could be blown

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So to start, this washer is actually made by LG for Kenmore so all the part will be LG just so you're not confused. Either way, if you're sure you're getting power to the washer from your house, pull the washer forward and unscrew the back sheet metal panel on the back of the control panel. There is a small plastic box which the power cord plugs into and this is called your noise filter. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE to see noise filter

There is a fuse on this part and it's designed to clean up the power before it goes to the main control board. Test power and make sure you're getting 110 volts into the filter from your house. Then test power on the other plug and make sure you're getting 110 volts going out of the noise filter. If you do NOT get 110 volts going out, then replace the noise filter. If you're getting 110 volts going out, then your main power control board has failed and needs to be replaced so below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for main control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.