Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a ge micro wave and the air duct door keeps opening

HI i have a ge micro wave and the air duct door keeps opening and closing..what could be the problem
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: yes I think it is a 2003. I'm looking for model number now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I think it is a 2003. I'm looking for model number now
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If possible I would like to do the work my self

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model tag should be around the oven opening or inside on the side wall.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Kelly, I have a ZSC2001FSS MICROWAVE. the air duct door opens and closes and will not stop. If I turn the power off and turn back on the air duct door stops moving until I start the microwave and then the door opens and closes. this door can be seen when looking into the microwave on the right side.

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you there?

Yes, I need a few minutes to look up that model, please.

There is a switch inside the damper assembly that h as failed, see the attached sheet. That assembly will need to be replaced. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
you should be able to call now. I updated the visa card

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

The attached pages show how to access that damper for replacement. The oven needs to be removed from the cabinet.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have the microwave out of cabinet now.

Okay, so you just need to remove the top and side panel to access that damper assembly you need to replace. Did you see those pages I sent you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will for sure rate your call! so that entire part damper door and all needs to be replaced....the part from repair clinic..? and then good to go? thanks
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I had side panel removed before I called you. I will look at pages now.

Yes, that switch is part of the assembly and not available separately.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok got it..thanks looks like it can not be pulled out from the side but remove everything above it and pull it out..correct?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
in order to rate you ..I hit the stars at the top of this page?

Correct, the stars at the top of the page, thank you!