Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a ge micro wave and the air duct door keeps opening…

HI i have a...

HI i have a ge micro wave and the air duct door keeps opening and closing..what could be the problem

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Yes I think it is a 2003. I'm looking for model number now

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

If possible I would like to do the work my self

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The model tag should be around the oven opening or inside on the side wall.

Hi Kelly, I have a ZSC2001FSS MICROWAVE. the air duct door opens and closes and will not stop. If I turn the power off and turn back on the air duct door stops moving until I start the microwave and then the door opens and closes. this door can be seen when looking into the microwave on the right side.

Thank you. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

you there?

Yes, I need a few minutes to look up that model, please.

you should be able to call now. I updated the visa card

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

The attached pages show how to access that damper for replacement. The oven needs to be removed from the cabinet.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

cbcc52d8-c461-4abe-9e3a-...jpgcbcc52d...jpgb95763c1-e90f-4d33-a02d-...jpgb95763c...jpgabaa77ac-3494-4e58-90f4-...jpgabaa77a...jpg
I have the microwave out of cabinet now.

Okay, so you just need to remove the top and side panel to access that damper assembly you need to replace. Did you see those pages I sent you?

I will for sure rate your call! so that entire part damper door and all needs to be replaced....the part from repair clinic..? and then good to go? thanks
I had side panel removed before I called you. I will look at pages now.

Yes, that switch is part of the assembly and not available separately.

ok got it..thanks looks like it can not be pulled out from the side but remove everything above it and pull it out..correct?
in order to rate you ..I hit the stars at the top of this page?

Correct, the stars at the top of the page, thank you!

Kelly, Appliance Technician