Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I just opened the box today and plugged in my microwave. I

I just opened the box today and plugged in my microwave. I set the clock and then pressed the 30 sec. timer and get a F1E4 error message.
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: model WMH 31017FB 0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Jan 2017 serial number TR 701 12933
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I need to know how to fix it

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

The F1 E4 error means the control sees that there is a problem with the relay that powers the cooking components. It is either welded closed or is disconnected from the board. There is nothing you can do to fix this beyond replace the board which you don't want to do since it is new. It will need to be repaired under warranty. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Whirlpool may be reached at 1-***-***-**** to schedule a no charge warranty visit.

Please know that we are not Whirlpool and I have no control over how or when your new microwave fails when you rate, thanks! :~)

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Thank you. I am sorry you did not receive the 5 star service you deserve. I am not sure what else I may have done to earn a higher rating. I am sorry your new microwave does not work....