Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I've had a Whirlpool French Door Fridge Model # WRF757SDEM

Hi Pearl, I've had a Whirlpool French Door Fridge Model # WRF757SDEM for about a year. Love it but this week it has started making a croaking sound (seriously, like a frog) or when rubber rubs over rubber, every 3-5 minutes. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model # WRF757SDEM, was purchased about December 30, 2016
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Haven't had any problems with it. Just changed the water filter for the first time; about same time as the noise but haven't been able to figure out if there's a connection.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

1. Did you run a full gallon of water through the filter after changing it?
  2. Is the ice maker still working?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ice maker is working.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ice maker it working.

Hmm, and is the noise when you dispense water or every 3-5 minutes consistently?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
34;is") - Would flushing more water through help?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Every few minutes consistently with or without use of dispenser

More water may help, especially if you have low water pressure (well water, cistern, etc).

• Does it make the noise even when the refrigerator has cycled off and is not running?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not sure

Well, I suspect the issue is with the filter change. If you run another gallon of water through and it still makes the noise, you can either call for warranty repair or, if you choose to repair at your expense, post back with noise location and if it makes the noise when cycled off, that would be very helpful! It should not make that noise so something is amiss.....

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think so too. Just try running water through and it seems to be better. Thank you!

Excellent, see what another gallon does and I bet it goes away! Thank you!

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!