Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My jenn-air range display has gone black. i have no display

at all JA: I'll do all...
my jenn-air range display has gone black. i have no display at all
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: it happened quite some time ago. i have used it blindly for several years. my wife says we should get another range but i feel the range can be fixed. i really dont have the money to replace a s
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: several years. yes i plan to do the work if i can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the manual says the oven locks when in use but that isnt happening
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: where is that info located
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

These Jenn Air units tend to fail commonly where the display dims out to the point where you can't read it. The only fix for the issue is to replace the display board which is about $300 depending on the exact model number. As for the unit locking when in use, it doesn't lock unless the self cleaning feature is engaged.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc