Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a whirlpool Cabrio dryer that is not drying

I have a whirlpool...

I have a whirlpool Cabrio dryer that is not drying completely. I have been through all the suggestions (clean vent, replace moisture sensor, check headting element and other sensors for continuity, etc.). Yet my close only get partially dry. One thing that occurs to me is if the dryer drum is spinning to fast, not allowing the clothes to tumble. I did have an idler pulley that was replaced about three months ago, along with the belt. Could something cause the dryer drum to spin too fast? If so, what is the fix? Thanks.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Model WED6200SW1, approx. 7 years old.

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yesa

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Uh, just gave you a long description of the problem.

8/22/2017
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

The belt length can cause issues but that would not be likely if it is running okay.

1. Do you know the pat number of the belt that was installed?
  2. Are you drying full loads and not just a few pieces of clothing?
Just a moment.

Thank you.

The belt was part of an OEM kit that included new rollers:(###) ###-####Whirlpool Clothes Dryer Maintenance KitI have dried both full loads and partial loads. Similar problem -- clothes seem to "stick" to inside of drum such that the part of the clothing exposed dries but the part "stuck" to the drum does not. I suspect the clothes are not "tumbling" because the drum speed is too fast. But what would cause this change since we have not experienced it before. One other thing - I have tried to time the RPM by looking at videos online. It looks like the drum speed is circa 48 RPM online, but ours appears to be tumbling at circa 60 RPM.
I have tried to reach a technical person at Whirlpool who can tell me the manufacturer's setting for the drum RPM, but can find anyone who knows anything. They keep wanting to pawn me off on a local service company rather than answering the simple question.
The only things I am left with are a motor / motor control issue or a control board issue.

Whirlpool won't help you technically, they don't have technicians that you can speak to, only customer service reps. Let me see what belt comes in that kit. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

OK.

That kit has the 341241 belt in it. It is not compatible with your machine. Your model is a higher capacity drum than what that belt is designed for and it uses the(###) ###-####belt available below.

CLICK HERE

Kelly, I certainly understand conceptually why it is important to have the right belt. However, can you tell me what is the issue between the two belts? Is it belt length? Belt shape?

Yes, the belt you have on there is for a smaller drum. If you look at the idler, you will see it is bent beyond what it should be to keep the belt tight. The belt you need is longer.

Kelly, Appliance Technician
OK. That makes sense to me. I will proceed on that basis. Good detective work and thank you.

You are very welcome, thank you.

Kelly, Appliance Technician