Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm trying to learn how to replace the inline fuse on

Hi my name is*****...

Hi my name is***** trying to learn how to replace the inline fuse on MMS5208WS1 microwave. Can you help me?

Contractor's Assistant: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

I gave you the model number above. It shows a manufacture date of Jan2013

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes assuming I can do it without being electrocuted.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Other than its a Whirlpool I guess not.

8/22/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

MMS5208WS1 is NOT a good mode number per Whirlpool

sorry it should be MMV5208WS1
no let's finish this here
Can answer my. question?

Thank you!

Now it looks as if your just wanting to know how to replace the inline fuse is that correct?

I did not send you the phone request prompt that it the web site NOT I !

that's correct
it keeps asking for my phone number so we can talk. Can you provide the instructions here? rather have the steps in writing
are you still with me or did I lose you?

you will first need to remove the grill above the microwave (screws on top of the microwave.

Once the grill is removed you have one screw above the control panel ,remove that screw and then the control panel will fold down .

And once the control panel is laying down you should see the inline fuse in it`s fuse holder.

MAKE SURE you have unplugged the microwave then you can just pop the old fuse out of the fuse holder and press the new fuse into the holder.

Then just put everything back together.

If you have any questions just let me know!

OK thank you.

no problem at all .

Always glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech