Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I'm thinking of buying GE Ref. model GFE24SKSS. I have a…

I'm thinking of buying...

I'm thinking of buying GE Ref. model GFE24SKSS. I have a wall on the left of the ref.that come out 38 in. My question is how much of a fill panel will I need so I can pull out my crisper draw. Thanks ***** ***** at***@******.***

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Brand new I haven't bought it yet

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No my cabinet person wanted to know how much the door would have to open

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Just the width of that filler panel so the door can open and pull out the crisper

Answered in 1 minute by:
8/22/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Sorry about the delay. I'm glad you're thinking the installation through. The door must be opened at a 135 degree angle to allow the crisper drawers to slide out. That means you'll need a filler panel of 13 inches on the left side of your refrigerator in order to open the door enough to remove the crisper drawers.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

13 inches?

Yes, 13 inches.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc