Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Advantium 120 above the range microwave. It was

manufactured in 2009. When you...
I have a GE Advantium 120 above the range microwave. It was manufactured in 2009. When you try to run it the timer works but the turntable does move and the microwave doesn't run. Given the age should I just buy a new one or is it worth fixing?
8/22/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

This is probably something still worth fixing actually. The problem your microwave is having means that the microwave thinks one of your 3 door switches has failed. Now that means that one of the 3 door switches is bad, or the smart board is bad and isn't reading the switch properly. The board isn't usually the issue and the switches are usually only $25 or so for each switch so even if you pay trip and labor for someone to replace the switch, I think it's worth fixing the microwave because these Advantium units are not cheap.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Thank you. Are the switches something I could replace myself or is it best to call a technician?

It might be something you can replace yourself if you're really handy, but unless you have a multimeter to test them you wouldn't know which one to replace.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Thanks.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc