Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My whirlpool washer shutting with a code F1. what does this…

My whirlpool washer shutting...

My whirlpool washer shutting with a code F1. what does this mean?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Whirlpool is about seven years old. WTW640UASW3

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

NO

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Trying to find what's causing the problem.

8/22/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Unfortunately F1 is a very straight forward error for this model. It means that an internal short was detected in the main relay control board inside the control panel. Inside the control panel on the far right is a control board inside a plastic housing. That entire unit will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve this issue---this is not something you can just reset although sometimes if you unplug the washer for 60 seconds the issue may reset temporarily.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc