Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

KUIS15NRHS Ice maker won't run. Does nothing in clean mode…

KUIS15NRHS Ice maker won't...

KUIS15NRHS Ice maker won't run. Does nothing in clean mode and nothing in on mode. Water tank won't fill. I can feel vibration but fan is not on. Is there a master rest button?

Contractor's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?

Kitchen aid KUIS15NRHS

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If simple yes if not then I need to find a repair shop to drop off

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

That's it

Answered in 1 hour by:
8/22/2017
ApplianceMAN
ApplianceMAN, Home Appliance Technician

Good evening, It has been a few years since I worked on this type of ice maker but I do have a little literature on these, What i have found with these is the solenoid usually fails which then causes there to be no release of water into the (water tank)

There is a way to test the solenoid however its usually not the easiest

Just let me know

But like I said more than likely its the solenoid to allow water in

Would that cause the fan and condenser not to run? Got it into cleaning mode. Heard about 5 clicks and nothing? I will invest in new fill valve. Other than that may be time to give it a pitch.

o im sorry I didn't catch that! Lets start here have you done a hard reset?

Which meaning, Turn power off to it for approx 10-15mins and restart it?

I plug it back in and hear a strange sound for about 30 second and then nothing. Fan spins freely, but I never see it kick on. I have it unplugged and will try it again in the morning.

With what your describing to me now, control board failure

Thank you I will give it a try and if not off to scrap yard and a new unit. Got me money out of this one, but worked great. Thank you again. If it works I will post result.

absolutely, Let me know! Just respond back to this post if you have any more questions!

Please also remember to rate my service with the stars at the top of the page :) This is how im paid for helping!

ApplianceMAN
ApplianceMAN, Home Appliance Technician