Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My refrigerator is too cold. How do I reset the default

My refrigerator is too cold. How do I reset the default settings?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator section and seen if you just open the refrigerator door.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Cold spot 106.51133210

Assuming nothing has failed, press and hold the Temperature button for 3 seconds, then options will appear to raise and lower the refrigerator and freezer temperature. Press the temperature button again after you have adjusted the temperature to 38 degrees or so in the refrigerator.

Now if that doesn't fix the issue something has failed. If the refrigerator section is too cold, there are only 2 options. Either your thermistor sensor is off, or the damper isn't closing and it's allowing air into the refrigerator when it shouldn't. You can't test the damper but you can test the thermistor. Below is a link to both parts.

CLICK HERE for damper

CLICK HERE for thermistor

The thermistor is mounted to the right side wall of the refrigerator toward the back behind a 2" x 1" plastic cover. The problem with testing it is that it's hard wired in so you would have to cut the 2 wires and test resistance through the sensor. It should read about 10k ohms at room temperature and if not, then replace it. If it does read 10k ohms then replace the damper assembly.

Now if you don't have a multimeter to test, just replace the damper assembly at the top of the refrigerator in the back left corner where the air comes into the refrigerator from the freezer first since you can always return it and it's all plug and play.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Temperature set to 38 degrees. Awaiting the adjustment in temperature. Thank you.

alright good luck!