Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kitchenaid range gas not flowing, 3 years kdrs505xss,

kitchenaid range gas not flowing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 3 years kdrs505xss
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: hopefully
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: n

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You say that gas is not flowing, do both the ovens still heat like normal? When you try to turn the cooktop burners on do you hear them spark?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
dual fuel. elec on bottom. elec working fine.yes, sparking fine, no gas. assuming a regulator but i don't know what parts i will need to possibly replace/repair.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thanks.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not at the range now. at work now. can be at the range later tonight.

So on this unit there are 2 parts that can cut gas to the entire cooktop. The gas valve on the back which is part number WP7510P101-60. You'll need to turn the gas off, unplug the oven, and disconnect the outlet gas line going up to the cooktop to see if gas comes out of the valve when you turn the gas back on. If not then replace this valve. Other than that, there is a gas cooktop lockout solenoid. This is under the cooktop. You'll need to check and see if it's getting 110 volts when you turn a burner on. If so, then replace the electronic solenoid valve because it should be opening. If it's not getting 110 volts, your main control board is bad and not opening the lockout valve so the board would need to be replaced.

The part number for the lockout valve is part number(###) ###-####

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have a voltmeter. is it obvious where i attach the connects to the solenoid?If the main control board is bad, could everything else be work correctly?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
work=working

Yes, if the control board is bad, everything else can still be working normally. There are only 2 wires going to the lockout valve. Below is a link to the valve and there are 2 wires going to it so you can just disconnect the 2 wires and test power between the 2 wires when you turn a burner on.

CLICK HERE to see lockout valve

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will give it a shot. thanks.