Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore fridge model 596.69982013. not making ice. water

kenmore fridge model 596.69982013. not making ice. water runs ok, I jumped the valve for the icemaker and can get water to the icemaker but it will not do it automatically. So the line is not plugged and the valve works.I want to blame the icemaker but I see a control board in the back. can that board be the problem. or am I safe to order the icemaker?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Based on everything you said, either you have a bad icemaker or the temperature around the icemaker isn't below 10ºF which will stop the iemaker from cycling on it's own. Test the temperature and if you're below 10ºF, you just need to replace the icemaker because it has failed I'm sorry to say.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.