Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Tyler D. I have a fridge Model # GSS22iBTAWW with a heating

Hi Tyler D. I have a fridge Model # GSS22iBTAWW with a heating element Part # WR51x10053 that had shorted out. its not a newer fridge but I do have a wr51X10053 on the truck. When you look it up they substituted the WR51X10053 with a WR51X10101. since this fridge is not a newer model I believe could I still use the Wr51x10053 I have on my truck ?? Im not sure if the wattage has changed but I'm thinking another WR51X10053 would still be sufficient and replace the same one at this point.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Yes, you can definitely use Wr51X10053 still. The other element was just re-designed so it didn't fail as commonly but they are virtually the same part.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok I did just look up the wr51x10101 and they redesigned it so that it has two elements . Instead of the existing one. I just caught that. My bad. So you feel it should actually still be ok to use the single one again t correct ??

You'll definitely be OK, yes. The 2 elements just allowed for less amperage through the element individually so they would last longer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thanks again T as always . I will use the one in the truck