Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Tyler D. I have a fridge Model # GSS22iBTAWW with a heating…

Hi Tyler D. I have...
Hi Tyler D. I have a fridge Model # GSS22iBTAWW with a heating element Part # WR51x10053 that had shorted out. its not a newer fridge but I do have a wr51X10053 on the truck. When you look it up they substituted the WR51X10053 with a WR51X10101. since this fridge is not a newer model I believe could I still use the Wr51x10053 I have on my truck ?? Im not sure if the wattage has changed but I'm thinking another WR51X10053 would still be sufficient and replace the same one at this point.
8/21/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Yes, you can definitely use Wr51X10053 still. The other element was just re-designed so it didn't fail as commonly but they are virtually the same part.

Ok I did just look up the wr51x10101 and they redesigned it so that it has two elements . Instead of the existing one. I just caught that. My bad. So you feel it should actually still be ok to use the single one again t correct ??

You'll definitely be OK, yes. The 2 elements just allowed for less amperage through the element individually so they would last longer.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Ok thanks again T as always . I will use the one in the truck