Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Maytag Bravos type 580 top-loading washing machine

We have a Maytag Bravos type 580 top-loading washing machine about 7 years old and the cycle is freezing right after it starts. Can't open the lid - can't make it progress. Stuck with wet clothes and water in it. If we unplug the washer and plug it back in, it will work. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: As I said, about 7 years old. Maytag Bravos MCT 580 serial #C01771821, model #MVBW750W01
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what is wrong with it. If it's something simple, maybe; otherwise, no.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think that covers it.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you let the washer keep running when it freezes up and an error doesn't show up on the display after 30 minutes, then the only thing that can cause your problem is the main control board under the control panel in the far back right corner which is why the board will reset if you unplug the unit and plug it back in. Below is a link to the board you'd need to replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for control board

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. Is this something that we can install ourselves?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I guess my question is - is it easily installed?

Yes definitely. Below is a video on how to replace this part.

CLICK HERE for video