Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a dacor eo130sch wall oven. The oven works fine,

except when it is already...
I have a dacor eo130sch wall oven. The oven works fine, except when it is already heating, say at 350 on convection, and I change it to 350 on normal heat, or to 400 on normal heat, it does not cool down or heat up properly.
Sounds like a control unit issue?????
Do you have a technician experienced specifically with Dacor ovens?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/20/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So first, yes---I have been factory trained by Dacor. That being said, what exactly is your oven doing? If you're using convection bake at 350 and you change it to standard bake at 350, what is the problem?

Hi Tyler. It seems to be variable. Sometimes on convection, it is extremely slow to come to temp. Other times, the oven would be on at 350 convection, we would change it to 300 standard and it would stop heating. If we changed it to 450 standard, it would either not heatup or would take a long time to do so.

So to start, the problem with changing temperatures mid cycle is that the board doesn't know how to go through the preheat sequence. It's just a logic issue that was never programmed into the board so it'll take a long time to heat up to 450 if you just change the temperature to 450 from 350 mid cycle. The best way to resolve this is to turn the oven off (cancel your bake at 350), and then start a new bake at 450. Then then the oven will go through a normal preheating sequence up to 450 and maintain the heat.

If that doesn't work correctly, your relay control board is just bad and needs to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

That makes sense, but what about the oven taking very long to heat up using convection in the first place?

If it's only taking a long time on convection then you may need to remove the back panel inside the oven and turn the circuit breaker off. Remove the round element around the center convection fan and test it for continuity. If you have no continuity then replace the round convection element---otherwise it's normal.

OK. On the changing temp up mid cycle, we have tried turning off and restarting. Sometimes that seems to work, other times it does not. Does this mean I need a new relay control board, and, if so, what is the part number?

yes, that would be a bad relay board if that does not work. The relay board is part number 101559.

OK. We will test again. Assuming the new relay board is needed, I will get one. Then, will you help me with the replacement installation work?

I can help with installing, but you'll need to start a new question for that.

OK. One last point on this question which may help with the diagnostic - we get the message to clean the fan filte quite often, even when it is not dirty. We clean it, but the message returns within a month. Might this be related?

It wouldn't be related, but it may be an issue. The clean filter message appears after so much time of use on the oven. It's calculated by the display board. The oven has no idea if the screen is clear or not, just based on the usage. I don't know the exact amount of time used but if it's popping up and you haven't even used the oven 10 hours since you last reset it, then something is up with the display board. I'm not sure it's worth replacing for such a small issue, but that's up to you.

OK. Lastly, can I somehow save this conversation so I can refer to it later?

Once you rate me, the conversation is saved and and E-mail is sent to you with a link to come back and read the conversation.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc