Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a GE dryer in my rental unit and the control lock…

I have a GE...

I have a GE dryer in my rental unit and the control lock light is on. I have held down he button for 3 seconds as other posts have recommended, but this is not unlocking it

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I have no idea how old the appliance is as we are renters model num

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

DSXH47GG1WW

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I was hoping this was a quick reset button

8/20/2017
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Hi Daniel.

If the control lock is on then to turn it off all you need to do is press and hold the option and select buttons together for 7 seconds and that should turn the control lock off from there.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
I have already tried that and it doesn't work
What that did it! I was holding down the Start and Select for 10 seconds. Thanks for your help!!

Nice one, Glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know.