Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

I have a GE dryer in my rental unit and the control lock

I have a GE dryer in my rental unit and the control lock light is on. I have held down he button for 3 seconds as other posts have recommended, but this is not unlocking it
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have no idea how old the appliance is as we are renters model num
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: DSXH47GG1WW
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was hoping this was a quick reset button

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Daniel.

If the control lock is on then to turn it off all you need to do is press and hold the option and select buttons together for 7 seconds and that should turn the control lock off from there.

Try that and see how it goes and let me know.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have already tried that and it doesn't work
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What that did it! I was holding down the Start and Select for 10 seconds. Thanks for your help!!

Nice one, Glad to hear its sorted and thanks for letting me know.