Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in appliance repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses in England.
15468697

I have a maytag electric oven. i held start button down for

I have a maytag electric oven. i held start button down for 3 seconds and it locked so i can't continue baking. Help cheesecakes in oven
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i don't know model but it is about 7 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer, Im reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily

If the control panel is locked then to unlock all you need to do is hold the start button down again for 3 seconds or so and that should turn the lock off.

Is this what the fault is you are having with it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank u. Worked