Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I thought the dishwasher cycle was done. When I opened the

I thought the dishwasher cycle was done. When I opened the door, the lights were blinking, the soap dispenser was closed, but soap had partially liquified and ran down inside of door. Turning off and on didn't help nor did turning off and on the electrical supply to dishwasher. Dishwasher cannot be used because only blinking lights show. What is wrong and can i fix it myself?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: Bosch SHV46C13UC/40 Dont know how to run test cycle with only blinking lights
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am a 71 year old widow with limited tech skills. so not able to do work unless very simple fix
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Need help to change blinking lights to usable buttons
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Have you tried holding the off or cancel button for a few seconds? If that does not work lets try turning it off at the breaker for at least 5 minutes to do a hard reset.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried both suggestions, holding down on btton and turning off electrical for 5 minutes to allow dishwasher to reset. Neither worked. Lights are still blinking and can't power dishwasher on. Help! Please!

So sadly what has happened is your control board has went bad and is going to need to be replaced.

this is the part I am referring to.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/498345/0022/630.html?modelNumber=SHV46C13UC/40&categoryName=Dishwasher&brandName=BOSCH

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank lord you Travis. A recommended near-by Bosch repair company will come tomorrow but wants $160 to do diagnostic which cost becomes part of the complete repair including parts and labor. It sounds like this will be very expensive. What does a new Bosch like mine cost and should I proceed with the diagnostic plus full repair. My dishwasher has a customized wood panel on front which might not work on new model and I would have a new installation cost too. What do you think I should do Travis?