Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

My dryer will not turn on it just beeps. We had to unplug…

My dryer will not...

My dryer will not turn on it just beeps. We had to unplug it

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

It is a maytag neptune

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

MD75

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

The dryer does nothing except beep and has to be unplugged for that to stop

8/19/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

MDE7500AZW

Thank you!
Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

If you open the dryer door does the interior light go on?

I'm checking will get back to you asap
the light comes on

Do you have a Volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it? to be able to do any component or voltage testing

No I do not
as a hypothetical could this be a fuse of some sort. I am not very good with mechanical fixes but could possibly find someone to put parts in
I am needing to be away from my computer for the rest of the day will get back to you as I can

yes the unit has thermal fuses that is what I was going to have you test.

You have two thermal fuses if either get hot and fail then the drive motor will not run and the unit can not heat unless the motor is running.

With out being able to do any testing ,you could have a faulty control board ,one of the two fuses could have failed or the drive motor itself has failed.

Since you have no way to do any testing I recommend that you call some one in to do a in home repair on the unit.

Master Tech
Thank you

Glad to assist you anytime.

good luck , and have a nice weekend.