Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Maytag MHW6000XW2 Door remained locked after cycle. Went on…

Maytag MHW6000XW2...

Maytag MHW6000XW2 Door remained locked after cycle. Went on line for service manual. Obvious at first was possible door switch. OK, replaced. Washer started cycle. Door locked and never comes back out or goes on for "add a garment" Ran quick diagnostic test. CO1 came on. Door locked, never unlocked. CO2 came on and water valve opened and let a bit of water in. Went off. C:O2 - water came on again and went off. C:O3 - stays in that cycle for about three minutes. Defaults back to C:OO Stays there with the : (colon) blinking. Never leaves that. I do not hear the pump run when in C:01 Am I looking at a bad CCU?

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Purchased in 2012. Model number is ***** at start of text. MHW6000XW2

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I at one time did appliance repair. Have done my own for years. I am a EE dealing with PLC in a heavy industrial setting. Control work is no stranger to me, but I access anything other than the resistance values of the components. I have the service manual for the tech. It still does not tell you what is wrong when it recycles back to the beginning of the diagonics quick check

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I checked all the connections. The User interface is all OK. All lights light.

8/19/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

if you have already replaced the door latch /lock switch and have the same issue ,

You have a faulty CCU (main control board)

That will need to be replaced.

I suspect the door lock / unlock circuit with in the control board has failed,

When the unit first turns on the unit should lock the door ,wait 5 seconds then unlock the door wait 5 second bring in cold water ,wait 5 seconds then re-lock the door .

This function is the child safety feature .

The control board is not recognizing that the door is in fact locked that is why it is not unlocking the door.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE<--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Master Tech
I did replace the door switch. Same symptom. Error code F6E1 I think, misplaced that sheet at the moment. Clear the code. When I went to preform the Quick check again, it never went further than C:01 with Blinking : between the letter and number. CCU?

Yes I know that you have replaced the door latch switch .

I have even stated that.

And yes you will need to replace the CCU board.