Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a Frigidaire Affinity drier that won't start.

I have a Frigidaire...

I have a Frigidaire Affinity drier that won't start. Whenever I press Start the three lights above it blink ("drying," "cool down," and "extended tumble") but nothing else happens.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

I guess nine years old. How do I see the exact model?

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

No.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not sure. But I'm in Hoboken and would like this repaired.

8/19/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

AG08700FS0
Ok, what's next? Thx.

the number of AG08700FS0 is NOT a Frigidaire model number!!

Have we been disconnected?
Maybe the O's are letters instead of zeroes?

If it is a Frigidaire model the model number will then start with the letter F

Well, it's definitely a Frigidaire Affinity. And the label inside the door says "Model AG08700FS0I could give you the serial #?
I think it's from 2010 if that helps.
It would be great if you could call me:(###) ###-#### Thanks.

Are you in the U.S?

Hoboken NJ.

Even the Frigidaire web site is telling me no such number.

I have even gone to the three largest appliance parts dealers in the U.S and they too are tellling me no such number!

Well, I'm looking at the label in the door. Perhaps you could call me and we could figure this out?
I just called Sears, from whom we bought this, and they confirmed the model number as correct.

With out being sable to pull that model number up in the Frigidaire data base I have no way of looking any literature up .

I even Googled the number and it does not bring any thing up

could the number actually be AGQ8700FS0 where the third number or letter is a Q ?

I don't know what else to tell you. I could give you the serial number. Or send you a photo of the door label. ???

ok so let`s run a diagnostics to see if the unit has any stored error codes.

READING ERROR CODES

1. Press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds to reset control. The buzzer will sound 1 time and “rES” will be shown briefly in the display.

2. Immediately after, rotate cycle selector knob 2 turns counter-clockwise to the third position from the top, and then press and hold the Select and Cancel buttons simultaneously for 6 seconds. The control will enter Field Test Mode, the buzzer will sound 3 times, and the digital display will alternate between “Fld” and the firmware revision number (ex. “r03”).

3. Rotate the cycle selector knob 2 turns counterclockwise. The error code will appear in the digit display.

And let me know what if any E error codes it shows.

When I press select and cancel for six seconds the display reads "1:00" and the knob goes to "Towels".

ok so the electronic control board will not even advance into a diagnostics mode.

Lets see if you can reboot the electronic control board let`s unplug the dryer from the outlet for 5 minutes then plug it back in and see if the control board has rebooted itself?

Ok.

I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, Just Answer has stated that your request has failed due Credit card issues.
BUT I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here on our CHAT as we are now to assist you on your question.

I re-plugged but no change. I update my payment info.

I `m still getting that the phone payment has failed.

But if the control board will not run diagnostics and will not reboot the control board then you have a failed control board .

The control board will need to be replaced .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

---> CLICK HERE<--- FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

If you have any questions just reply back to me .

Ok, thanks anyway.

I did not need to call you .

We were able to figure out your issue just on the chat!

You need to replace the main control board .

I sent you a link to the part.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me 5 STARS is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

please do not forget to rate me today before you leave.

Master Tech