Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I want to turn my amana refrigerator ice maker off and the…

I want to turn...

I want to turn my amana refrigerator ice maker off and the side arm that turns it off is no longer attached and I am unable to find the arm.

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Amana is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

12830909. it may be ten years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

8/19/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

open the fresh food section door the model /serial tag should be on the interior wall near the top.

12830909

That is NOT an Amana model number

Master Tech
I will recheck
You are correct. The model # is AFD25351283DES
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

good afternoon, I see you requested a new expert. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

I see you requested a phone call so I'll call now.

Phone call session started

Here is a video on how to replace the arm.

CLICK HERE for arm