Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

The ice maker is empty the arm will not return to the normal…

Customer Question
The ice maker is...

The ice maker is empty the arm will not return to the normal position. Its a frigidare upper freezer. Only three months old . I dont want to break it, but it wont return to the ice making position.

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?

Frigidare. only 1 year old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No only that it has been working, and the arm will not return to the ice making position

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Appliance
8/18/2017
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 10 months ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I have the model number of the refrigerator, please?

fgtr204qf1
no thanks, i've worked on appliances before, all i want to know is how to re-set the arm

Sorry for the auto call offer, I have no control over those. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

There is no way to reset it, it has stopped mid harvest. Are you certain there is not a small chunk of ice in the mold that is hanging up the ejector?

no i am not, but i know exactly what you're saying, maybe i'll try that. or any other suggestions that you may have

If there is nothing jamming the ejector fingers, check the electrical plug on the back of the ice maker (it just unplugs and plugs in). Sometimes the pins in those plastic connectors push out if they are not seated all the way in and locked in place. If mold is clear and connector is good, it is a faulty ice maker and will be under warranty.

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 9 months ago

Hello, I see this question is still open and I was just following up to see if you require further assistance.

Kelly, Appliance Technician