Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GE dryer model GTDP300EM0WS. The dryer won't start.

I have a GE dryer model GTDP300EM0WS. The dryer won't start. When you turn the start knob you hear a hum but nothing else happens. I pulled the door switch out and tested it with a multimeter. The door switch tested fine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought it five years and two months ago. The model is GTDP300EM0WS.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If able.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The dryer belt is still secure around the drum.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

If you hear a hum, all the wiring and switching is okay. Can you open the door and see if the drum will turn by hand to the left, please?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it does turn to the left.

The humming you are hearing is the motor trying to start. It is not obstructed if the drum turns, so the motor is faulty. The video at the link below shows how it is replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need!

CLICK HERE

If you would be so kind, would you please remember to rate my service at the top of the page before you leave today? If you don't, I receive zero credit for my work. You may post back at anytime with follow up questions. Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I appreciate your time and help. Thank you.

You are very welcome, thank you!