Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool top-landing washer that just stopped

I have a Whirlpool top-landing washer that just stopped working right in the middle of a cycle.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Let me check...
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: That might depend on the extent.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Where is the most common place to find the model number

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Do you happen to have a model number located on a sticker below the lid tucked down underneath (not on the lid itself) by the hinges? It’s really difficult to see because they try to hide it.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will check.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The model number is *****
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The unit just stopped running right in the middle of a wash cycle. I can turn the dial, and it will start again at various other setting points—but will not run a spin cycle.

OK perfect, thank you.

So if the washer still works in wash mode but it won't even attempt to run in drain and spin cycle, this means that your lid switch doesn't think the lid is shut so it needs to be replaced. This is a safety device to make sure the washer doesn't spin and drain with the lid open so someone doesn't get injured. Either way, below is a link to the lid switch assembly and a video on how to replace it.

CLICK HERE for lid switch assembly

CLICK HERE for video

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you so much!

? I know my advice was correct but you request a refund? Future experts please not customer refunded.