Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

LG washer WM2077CW water cycles approx. 10 times before it

LG washer WM2077CW water cycles approx. 10 times before it gets filled. Is this normal?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: WM2077CW / 01. 10 yrs. old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: TROMH
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

So this washer has an "automatic temperature control" which means that even if you select cold water, the hot water valve will come on and off to regulate the temperature of the water correctly. In addition to that, the washer will fill and then rotate the drum and if the clothing soaks up the water, it will then again add a little more water and repeat this process until the clothes stop soaking up water.

Now I'm not sure exactly what you're seeing but if it sounds like it's acting as I just described above, then that is normal.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can see it doing it a couple times but 10?

The end portion can do it 20 times or more with blankets. It depends on the load and what gets soaked up. As for regulating the temperature turning the hot and cold water on and off to regulate the temperature, that is completely normal to turn a valve on and off 10 times if the incoming water is too cold or hot coming from your house.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. Kinda rough on the tankless.

yes, for a tankless water heater that will add more start ups meaning wear and tear on that style heater unfortunately, but that is not something that can be fixed outside of getting a different washer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
10/4

I'm really sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.