Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My water dispenser won't work. Water reaches the ice maker

my water dispenser won't work...
my water dispenser won't work. Water reaches the ice maker and to the coupler at the bottom of the door. So something is wrong with the water line within the freezer door. How do I fix it? Can I take the water line out that's in the freezer door
JA: What's the make and model? And have you checked the settings recently?
Customer: GE model# ***** bb
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yep I have it torn apart but can't figure out how to get the water line out
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just need to know how to get the stupid line out of the door.
8/17/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

You are exactly right about the issue being the line inside the freezer door. This model is known for the insulation in the door breaking down and then the water line freezes as it gets older. If water comes out the coupler at the bottom of the door, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.

There is a kit designed to add a heater to the dispenser so this does not happen in the future if the problem comes back. Below is a link to the kit and it comes with instructions on how to install it.

CLICK HERE for heater kit

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Okay thank you
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc