Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a Kenmore elite dryer. Model 11082832100. This am it

I have a Kenmore elite dryer. Model***********. This am it made a popping noise smelt strong burning smell. Got home emptied dryer pulled from wall and started it again looke like a fire or something burning in back at bottom near floor. Strong burning smell and sounded like drum was grinding as it turned. The dryer was unloaded at time.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Kenmore is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 110.82832100 Serial number MM4015807
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 8 years old or more
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Says it was manufactured for sears its white front load

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. Give me a moment to pull up some information for you.

now this is going to require you taking off the back and we will need to do some inspecting. Was there a load going when this happened?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
this was a load going when it happened
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do I take the entire back panel off

yes you will need to remove the back wall so we can see whats going on in there. Make sure its unplugged first as well

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I took ground wire off and electrical chord all of back screws the back still feels like its mounted someplace

is it still sticking at the top or bottom or sides?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Stuck at botto,

ok you may have to see if there are any screws securing it underneath around the trim edge. If there is not try sliding the back to the side to see if its just stuck in the lip.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Backs off

ok so is there any excessive lint back there? Anything look like its broken or out of place to you?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the looking straight in the back left of the vent the red and black wires are burnt looks like 3 devices come out of the metal frame the one closest to the back
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
its inside the metal housing where the black wire is fried on the outside
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can I send photos, don't know if its element or the wires going into it the burn marks are on the outside of the housing
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I sent photo

i see it ok so it looks like lint built up and caused a fire inside of there. There will be no telling how much damage was done until its all taken apart and cleaning completely.

looks at least if nothing else the heating element and the high limit thermostat are shot and will need replaced. This could have also caused damage to control board. This can turn very expensive if you plan on repairing.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok can I get new housing and wires?

and the heater box

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/part-number/3392537/0026/110.html?modelNumber=11082832100&categoryName=Residential%20Dryer&brandName=KENMORE

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.