Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I followed the instructions on how to pull up an error code

and now all of the...
I followed the instructions on how to pull up an error code and now all of the lights at the bottom are flashing. Sensing, wash. Rinse, spin, and done
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Its a whirlpool cabrio top load he. Had it probably 5 years. Not sure of model number but i can look
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on what the possible issue is. Ran a load last night and woke up this morning to the tub still full of water.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Tub still had water in it. I tried to turn it to drain and spin but it acts like the sensor isnt coming on even though the light comes on and the lid locks
8/17/2017
travis webb

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. What is the model number of your whirlpool.

WTW5550YW
Would rather not talk by phone. My kids are in bed.

I am sorry the site offered the phone call its not from me. Give me just a moment please.

That's fine. Thanks

so what I need you do is to unplug the appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset.

Is there anything after that? The reason I ask is because earlier I had it unplugged for about 20 min and it didn't change anything when I plugged it back in

honestly from the sounds of it I think your problem is your control board has went bad and is needing to be replaced.

Would you have a possible estimate on just what that will cost?

so it looks like its around 250 or more.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board/WPW10269602/1873969?modelNumber=WTW5550XW0&ss=a11b5i1995d916824&mr=1

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Well I guess that's cheaper than a new machine lol

Yes it can be. Its not hard to replace either. You will just pull the old one off and plug the new one in.

travis webb
travis webb
travis webb
travis webb