Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I followed the instructions on how to pull up an error code…

I followed the instructions...

I followed the instructions on how to pull up an error code and now all of the lights at the bottom are flashing. Sensing, wash. Rinse, spin, and done

Contractor's Assistant: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Its a whirlpool cabrio top load he. Had it probably 5 years. Not sure of model number but i can look

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Depends on what the possible issue is. Ran a load last night and woke up this morning to the tub still full of water.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Tub still had water in it. I tried to turn it to drain and spin but it acts like the sensor isnt coming on even though the light comes on and the lid locks

8/17/2017
Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman

Hello, and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. I am sorry to hear that you are having this trouble. What is the model number of your whirlpool.

WTW5550YW
Would rather not talk by phone. My kids are in bed.

I am sorry the site offered the phone call its not from me. Give me just a moment please.

That's fine. Thanks

so what I need you do is to unplug the appliance for 5 minutes to do a hard reset.

Is there anything after that? The reason I ask is because earlier I had it unplugged for about 20 min and it didn't change anything when I plugged it back in

honestly from the sounds of it I think your problem is your control board has went bad and is needing to be replaced.

Would you have a possible estimate on just what that will cost?

so it looks like its around 250 or more.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Whirlpool-Washing-Machine-Main-Control-Board/WPW10269602/1873969?modelNumber=WTW5550XW0&ss=a11b5i1995d916824&mr=1

Please note that we here at JustAnswer are on an honor system. I am only credited for my time in the event you rate with 3-5 stars at the top. I do hope that I have earned a 5 star rating from you this today. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Well I guess that's cheaper than a new machine lol

Yes it can be. Its not hard to replace either. You will just pull the old one off and plug the new one in.

Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Handyman