Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I HAVE A LG FRONT LOAD WASHER AND IT WILL NOT LIGHT UP Or…

I HAVE A LG...

I HAVE A LG FRONT LOAD WASHER AND IT WILL NOT LIGHT UP Or MAKE ANY SOUNDS AND I CAN PUSH THE ON BUTTON AND THE RELAY ON THE MAIN BOARD JUST CLICKS AND THE RED LIGHT FLASHES ON THE BOARD

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

The model is WM8000HVA AND I BOUGHT IT IN 2014

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes I have been in the HVAC INDUSTRY FOR 25 YRS.

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

I HAVE CHECKED POWER TO THE FILTER IS WHAT THEY CALL WHERE THE IN COMING POWER COMES IN AND THE FUSES ARE GOOD ON THAT AND THE FUSE ON THE MAIN BOARD

8/16/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Either the main board is bad or the front interface board has failed based on everything you said. Attached below is the service manual document to show you how to test power to the interface board so you can determine which board is bad and needs to be replaced.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

I checked the voltages and the black and red have 120 volts and when I push the on button it still has voltage. The yellow relay on the main board just clicks

OK then unfortunately that sounds like your front interface board has failed and needs to be replaced I'm sorry to say.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Ok thanks for your support
I replaced the front interface board and it does the same thing. The yellow relay just clicks.

Hmm, did you do all the tests I gave you from the attached service manual? Either way, if the interface board didn't fix it then it sounds like the main control board on the back has failed and would need to be replaced.

I check out voltage from the Manuel and it was all good so I just spent 220 bucks on that board and the other one is 245 dollars.

Hmm, I'm not sure what to say but I would order the part from Repairclinic.com because they do allow returns if you need that option.