Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dryer beeps 3 times when door is open and when its shut

my dryer beeps 3 times when door is open and when its shut it beeps once. I have replaced door switch and thermal fuse
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's a Whirlpool Duet
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not sure how old it is . Do you need model number to find that out ?

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

To be clear, the dryer won't run correct? It just beeps once when you press the start button after closing the door but the motor never turns on?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that's correct
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I would prefer the answer on here , no phone call needed

OK perfect. So the fuse is definitely one of the possibilities that can cause your problem but it sounds like you replaced that and the issue is still there. Just for reference, the door switch can't cause this problem. The other thing that can cause this issue is if the dryer thinks the belt is broken. So when you have the lower front panel off, do make sure the belt isn't laying on the ground broken. There is a switch next to the motor that is activated when the belt is taut. If by chance the belt is attached and the fuse happens to be good or when you replace it you still have an issue, you'll need to replace the main relay board mounted to the left side wall above the drum because it thinks that either the fuse is bad or the belt is broken. You can't test the control board, so if the fuse and the belt switch (mounted next to the motor under the tensioner pulley) are good---then you need to just replace the main control board due to process of elimination.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the response. So the only thing left is the reset switch on motor or control panel ....I appreciate your help

No problem, but to be clear---the control panel is different than the relay control board. The control panel can NOT cause this problem. Only the main power relay control board which is mounted above they dryer drum to the left side wall.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I know what your talking about ......Is the power relay control board very expensive ?

OK, I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. The board is rather expensive unfortunately. It's about $200. However sometimes if you remove the board you may see a black burn mark on the back from a cold solder joint which you can just re-solder if you know how to do that. That isn't always the case but about half the time it is.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your help

Not a problem but I'm sorry about the bad news. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and if you need anything else just let me know.