Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I need to move a stackable maytag washer and drier if it is…

I need to move...

I need to move a stackable maytag washer and drier if it is on a dolly can i lay it down on a trainer to transport

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

Not sure it does not look old Sure you have heard that it is a front loading washer

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

Yes

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No just concerned with oils like i would be with w refrigerator

8/16/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

do not have that

ok with out a model number to be able to see what model washer you have .

I will say not it can not be laid on it`s side.

And the issue is not oils but if the mechanical of the washer are jarred loose .

if you open the dryer door the unit model number should be on the inner face frame then I can tell you 100% or not

It will not be laied on its side it will be on the dolly and laid on its abck
i am not mear the unit i am picking it up tonight from a private party

would no be different if laid on it`s side or it`s back if this is a front load washer you will damage the outer tub and suspension system.

if it is a top loader you would still dislodge the mechanicals inside the washer cabinet

thank you so it has to stay upright for transport.

yes that is what I would recommend ! upright only!

Master Tech