Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR M: ID5HHEXVS2 IN THE FRIDGE…

I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR...
I HAVE A WHIRLPOOL REFRIGERATOR M: ID5HHEXVS2 IN THE FRIDGE CERTAIN AREAS ARE WARM. OTHERS AREA ARE FREEZING LIKE FRUIT AND VEG. CRISPER DRAWER. ANY SUGGESTIONS?
8/16/2017
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
I`m sorry to hear that your having issues!
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 37 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

What temperature setting do you have the unit set on at this time?

And do you have these fruits or vegetables in the Meat drawer in the crisper?

TEMPS BELOW RECOMMENDED IN TOP MIDDLE LITTLE COLD
YES TO FRUITS AND VEGETABLE IN MEAT DRAWER
UNIT IS SET ON 4

Ok if you use the meat drawer for fruits or vegetables do you have the meat drawer setting on Vegetables ?

# 3 is a recommended setting for the fresh food section but you say it is blow the recommended setting and you say it is set on 4

MY BAD IT WAS BOT SET ON 3. I'M SORRY ABOUT THAT. FREEZER IS HOLDING GREAT TEMPERATURE. HOWEVER FRIDGE IS NOT CLOSE TO ACCEPTABLE. I BELIEVE IT MAY HAVE AN ISSUE WITH EVAPORATOR FAN MOTOR. HOWEVER I'M LOOKING AT THE MASTER (YOU) FOR SECOND OPINION.

if you feel in the top left corner at the vent do you feel ant air coming out of the vent?

AIR IS COMING OUT AT THE CORNER VENT

ok so the the issue is not the Evaporator fan then.

On the left side wall just above the meat drawer is the air return louvered vent do you have anything setting in front of it?

NOTHING IS BLOCKING IT.

ok so if the fresh food section is too warm lets set the control to #4 .

And you have not answered a question that I has asked earlier which was ((if you use the meat drawer for fruits or vegetables do you have the meat drawer setting on Vegetables ?))

SHE ALSO JUST MENTIONED TO ME ITEMS ARE GETTING FREEZER BURNED AS WELL.
THERE'S NO AIR COMING THROUGH THE LOUVERED DOOR. SHE PUT HER HAND OVER IT AND ITS SUPER WARM AIR THERE.
THE IDEA ABOUT CHANGING CONTROL TO #4 WAS ALREADY DONE YESTERDAY. NO CHANGE IN FRIDGE

ok what louvered door?

Do you mean the sir return on the left side wall in the fresh food section?

If so you WILL NOT feel air coming out of it it is the air return back into the freezer section

I'M NOT PHYSICALLY THERE BUT I'M ASSUMING YES NOTHING COMING OUT. louvered door WAS WHAT YOU CALLED IT EARLIER IT'S JUST HOT AROUND IT.

ok the DOOR is what confused me it is just a louvered vent no door

and anytime the settings are changed you have to allow 24 hours for the unit to level out with temperature changes and if they are constantly opening it that will take longer.

And freezer burn is from air being in the package when the food was packaged.

And you still have not answered my one question of ((if they use the meat drawer for fruits or vegetables do you have the meat drawer setting on Vegetables ?

NO SETTING ON VEGETABLES

Ok this is what the use and care booklet for that model shows !

The control can be adjusted to properly chill meats or vegetables. The air inside the pan is cooled to avoid “spot” freezing and can be set to keep meats at the National Livestock and Meat Board recommended storage temperatures of 28° to 32°F (-2° to 0°C). The convertible vegetable/meat drawer control comes preset at the lowest meat setting. To store meat: Set the control to one of the three MEAT settings to store meat at its optimal storage temperature. To store vegetables: Set the control to VEG to store vegetables at their optimal storage temperatures. NOTE: If food starts to freeze, move the control to the left (less cold). Remember to wait 24 hours between adjustments.

the adjustment is normally on the side or rear interior wall!

THERE'S A SETTING FOR VEG. I NEVER NEW THAT. THANK YOU. WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER SHELVES WHY WOULD THEY BE WARM ON CERTAIN SHELVES?

if you have air flow out of the top left vent and nothing is blocking the air return on the left side wall just above the crispers, then make sure they do not have big items ( boxes on the shelves )that will block that air flow

PLEASE PROVIDE USER MANUAL

the convertible drawer info is on page # 6 top left corner.

You should have a link to the PDF use and care booklet with this post.

Master Tech
SETTINGS WERE CHANGED TO THE HIGHEST SETTINGS. THAT DIDN'T COOL REFRIGERATOR. HOWEVER COLD AIR IS COMING FROM FREEZER

ok the only thing that cools the fresh food section is cold air coming from the freezer.

Where is this cold air that your getting into the fresh food section coming from?

And is the Freezer Evaporator fan running?

TOP LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE FRIDGE. EVAPORATOR FAN IS BLOWING COLD AIR

ok that is the air vent for the fresh food section.

If you have air coming out of the vent then the fresh food section should be cooling.

Have you looked at the air return vent on the lower left side wall just above the crispers to make sure it is not blocked ?

VENTS NOT BLOCKED

ok so then you should be cooling if you have cold air coming into the fresh food section and the return vent is not blocked.

The only other thing it could be is if the freezer side of that air return is blocked with frost or ice.

Master Tech
Master Tech