Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I am preheating my KRDU783 oven to auto steam bake bread.

Hi, I am preheating my...
Hi, I am preheating my KRDU783 oven to auto steam bake bread. After 10-15 minutes, and with oven showing temperature about half way to the setting I got a "Boiler Over Temperature" error, which has never happened before. Any suggestions on what I can do to correct?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 10 year old KRDU783
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of. I have a loaf of bread to bake now, so a quick solution hopefully?
8/14/2017
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

If you open the door, is the broiler glowing red at the top of the oven? Does the oven feel too hot?

Hard to tell that now. The oven turned off on its own. There was a very hot, almost burning smell though. I am trying to preheat the other oven now. It is at about the same temperature now, and no error on it yet.

OK so if it really was too hot, then without a doubt you have a stuck relay on your control board and the control board would need to be replaced. However if it was never too hot, this is either a bad oven sensor or a bad display relay control board. You can't test the board but you can test the sensor. Open the door and remove the 3-4" long thin metal rod attached to the back wall. There are 2 screws holding the sensor on that you can remove and then pull the sensor forward until you can disconnect it. With a multimeter, check the resistance of the sensor at room temperature and it should be about 1080 ohms. If it's not, replace the sensor, otherwise you need to replace your relay board.

I hope I have earned a 5 star rating. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc