Need appliance repair help? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Lg refrigerator water dispenser works ice maker does not,

Customer Question
Lg refrigerator water dispenser...

Lg refrigerator water dispenser works ice maker does not

Contractor's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

It's about 3 or 4 years old

Contractor's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

It depends on the difficulty There was a large ice buildup in the refrigerator yesterday, unplugged it to let it thaw overnight, plugged it back in and the ice maker is not working - a modest amount of water is leaking onto the floor

Contractor's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Any ideas?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
8/14/2017
Appliance Technician: Dino, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
Dino
Dino, Customer Service

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also if you feel inside the ice maker unit do you feel any ice in the molds?

Regards

Thanks for your terribly uninformative and slow response. Your website says most answers within ten minutes; guaranteed answer within 24 hours. Its now been 29 hours. I've cancelled my membership - if anyone asks me about answers.com, I'll let them know your website should be redesignated ripoff.com.

Its not a rip off site. There was probberly no one online on Sunday that had knowledge of these appliance hence the wait. But as you don't want to carry on with this then I will opt out/

You just need to contact customer services for a refund.

Already did

That's fine. Im sure they will sort it for you.

John, Home Appliance Technician